Blast Wall Design and Construction Services
CFAD Bedford, NS
Mitchelmore Engineering Company (Meco) was contracted by the Department of National Defence (DND) to design three blast barricades to provide protection to three storage buildings and the jetty from fragements and blast pressures generated durring an accidental explosion.
The final blast wall design was a combination of mechanically stabilized earth section coupled with geotextile wrap wall section. The length of the walls varied from 46.7m to 65m and varied in height from 5.2m to 6.7m above ground surface.
Meco’s Services include:
- Geotechnical investigation to determine foundation and soil and rock properties.
- Options analysis to determine the most cost effective means of blast protection.
- Combination design of a mechanically stabilized earth wall coupled with a geotextile wrap wall.
- Composition of technical specifications.
- Construction drawings.
- Slope stability assessment.
- Field supervision during construction.
- Preparation of a construction completion report.
109 Ilsley Avenue, Unit #14
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, B3B 1S8
Toll Free: 1.877.434.3131