Our core business is in engineering & management consulting related to safe operation and management of dams & associated hydraulic structures.
Meco is a one-stop shop for civil, geotechnical, hydraulic, electrical, and project management services related to your dams.
Meco's dam safety products include:
- Dam Safety Management Plans
- Dam Safety Reviews
- Dam Safety Inspections
- Geotechnical Analysis and Design
- Design and Rehabilitation
- Installation and Interpretation of Monitoring Equipment
- Flood Studies and Development of Regional Hydrologic Models
- HEC-RAS Modeling
- Operations and Maintenance Plans
- Low Flow Studies
- Dam Break and Inundation Modelling
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans
Civil engineering is a diverse discipline that encompasses nearly all aspect of daily life.
Meco services the traditional civil market; marine, municipal, structural, infrastructure and energy. Our blend of geotechnical, hydraulic and structural skills has allowed us to be innovative across a broad sector of industry.
Meco's civil/structural products include:
- Embankment and Concrete Dams
- Hydroelectric Facilities and Feasibility Studies
- Shallow and Deep Foundations
- Wharves and Breakwaters
- Ground Anchors and Soil Nailing
- Slope Stabilization
- Retaining Walls
- Blast Monitoring
- Construction QA/QC Inspection Services
Meco provides comprehensive geotechnical including reconnaissance, preliminary and final investigations, geotechnical modeling for foundations, slopes and embankments.
Our one-stop shop for geotechnical engineering group has allowed us to be leaders in areas such as dam safety and slope stability.
Meco's geotechnical products include:
- Site Investigations and Soil/Rock Characterization
- Soil and Rock Remediation
- Risk and Hazard Assessment
- Foundation Design and Recommendations
- Settlement Analysis
- Rock Slope Engineering
- Slope Stability
- Geo Studio Modeling
- Retaining Wall Design
Meco uses a full spectrum of Project Management services for our engineering projects; Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring, and Closure.
Meco uses five categories in our spectrum of contract management; tender phase, contact administration, non-resident engineering, resident engineering and commissioning.
Meco's project management products include:
- Efficient and Thorough Project Scope Development
- Change Management Services
- Computer based Project Information Management (PIM) Services
- Tendering Support
- Design Support Through Non-Resident Engineering Services
- Contract Administration
- Resident Engineering Services during Construction
- Project Commissioning
Water & Wastewater Engineering
Available potable water is something people take for granted, behind the scenes engineers are integral to protecting water supplies and the environment that supports communities.
Meco engineers assess, develop and implement both surface and groundwater supplies for Municipal Agencies, Utilities and First Nations. Our team of specialists will source water, identify treatment and delivery mechanisms, collect wastewater, treat and deliver it back to the environment.
Meco's water/wastewater products include:
- System Assessments, SOPs, and SWPPs
- Design of Storage, Treatment, and Conveyance Systems
- Assessment and Optimization of Sanitary/Combined Sewer Networks
- Containment, Treatment and Discharge of Wastewater
- Stormwater Management Practices and Design
- Site Grading, Drainage and Control
- Low Impact Development/Infiltration Mechanisms
- Hydrologic/Hydraulic Modelling, PCSWMM
- Floodplain Mapping/Watercourse Alteration
- Permit Acquisition
- Asset Management and Funding Application Support